question on how to block an AI character's assault.

Hello, I want to create something, mostly for getting some good exercise, and mostly consisting of martia arts like blocking. I hope this is an appropriate place to ask this question, as it is multi-faceted so I was not sure where to put it. Basically, I want to be able to have the user blocks hit from an animated character using the two controllers with the htc vive. I don’t really know how to outline this. For example, how difficult would it be for the user in first person mode, moving his arms in VR, be able to tell the system that a block occurred properly and to then make the enemy miss hitting you. If this is the wrong place to place this question I apologize and could ask somewhere else. I know that this could have gone in the VR section but I thought that perhaps there is more then ust the VR aspect than that Thanks.

hmmm, I guess I’ll have to spend the vast amounts on my own figuring this out, and those that can do this have probably used this in a high tech game already!

Not an expert on the subject, but detecting collision might be a good start. Have two objects, approximately the length of the forearm, track the position of the VR remotes, and have the game tell the AI that a hit was blocked if their arm hit the objects that are linked to the VR remotes.