Question about Timer + Widget. Logic problem? Please Help this poor noob

Good night every1, i create a inventory “like” diablo (multi grid slot per item)…
Works fine !! but when i try create a widget to show somes atributes of item, thats blow my mind :frowning: … becouse 1 item occupies 6 slots for exemple, on mouse enter in grid slot widget they call a Detail widget, so far so good, now i want show this widget with certain delay (like 2 sec)… i try with “Timer by func” but every time a mouse enter in slot grid widget this reset the Timer, so my item have 6 slots, if mouse enter in one of thats slot (same item) the timer reset. thats my problem !!

Any ideias how do that work ? :sailboat:

GridSlot BluePrint :

Item DetailWidget :

In Game :

Check if timer is already active, and if it is, don’t start it again

2 Likes

Hi Tuerer, ty for the rep…you enlighten my mind but can be more especific? i dont know all nodes and where i can put that check? i’m a newbe, work with timer its hard to me hehehe

1 Like

Ok, thats good…but like i say, 1 item have occupie 6 slots right? if i enter in one of thats 6 widget and move mouse to another of thats 6, works ! but…if i move inside thats 6 and after that to empty slot in grid still call the widget after 2 sec…ty for the help anyway :slight_smile:

l

Does each slot have its separate timer? Can you check if the item in the newly hovered slot is the same that was hovered in the previous slot?

1 Like

Edit : No Sucess ='(

Lets explain better what i do.
i create a Widget1 and add at UniformeGrid with 2 loops (to do the grade), so i have 100 widget’s of Widget1, when i take the item search the first slot free and do a section of search base in how much slots in colluns and lines that item occupies. aswer u question, yes i think each slot have a separate timer becouse its same widget1. i have a structure to retains informations about the grid slot (like coluns occuped, line, item structure ref, etc.) and assimilated the widgets toghter with that structure. Maybe i can try check if TimerActive = true and its are in array of thats 6 slots… uhnn

i’m Just Reply to give my ty !!! i have overthink so much, it’s simpler than i thought, like u told… i have put the codes in wrong place. Now it works perfectly !!!
i’ll put the code print if anothers ppl have same problem. Cya and Ty again <3