Question about royalties regarding returns

On the steam revenue page their are 2 numbers at the top: Gross revenue, and Net revenue. I assume Net revenue is the number royalties would be based off, because it seems like you would not be paying royalties on copies that are returned/chargebacks.

However when I do a date range report on the month of March(which royalties would be based off), and April, It adds up to the Gross Revenue, with no way to see how many copies are returned. my return rate is ~11%, so it seems like it would make a significant difference.

Can someone tell me where I am wrong here, or how to go about accounting for the returns on the royalty form?

Thanks
Rob

Thanks for your question. If you are operating under the EULA, you owe royalties on gross revenue, without deductions for returns.

Ha, guess that’s what I get for not reading the EULA. I see it does mention operating off Gross Revenue, but doesn’t mention returns. In theory could there be a situation where someone sells $5,000 worth of copies, all of which are returned, and still owe royalties without actually making any money? That would suck.

That was the info I was looking for though, thank you. Got my first royalty form filled out :slight_smile:

Rob