Question about preparing models to sell in UE4 marketplace

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I was thinking of selling models on UE4 marketplace. Currently the prototype I’ve made is a plate in fbx format. I do notice however that when I import it into UE4 the material properties are lost. Its a chromed decorative plate in which I have to make a blue print to regain its properties. Is this normal? Is there a way I can create a plate that mantains its original material properties or at least be edited into a file type that can store that infomation for UE4? I can’t seem to find anything about this.

The main file that you would upload to the marketplace would be the Unreal asset file, not the FBX. So once you import it into UE4 you need to make sure it’s set up properly.

Do you have export materials checked? Then import materials?

Viper so once I create the MAT file with the materials, normal map, diffuse etc. I just migrate it and the corresponding fbx file into a folder and pack it in a rar?

Does that mean I would create the MAT blueprint and then bundle it with the textures and model itself. Migrate them into a new folder and pack them with a rar?

Encountering a problem, once I migrate the files to make the Unreal Asset Files when copying and pasting them into a test project the textures are seperated again and the MAT file which I’ve made the material properties with is a blank blueprint with no base color is there something else I need to do?