Question about megascans license after fab launch

in the announcement post it says
From Fab launch until the end of 2024, Megascans will be free for everyone under Fab’s Standard License, for all engines and tools . When you acquire Quixel content on Fab - whether free or paid - you can use it forever.
Does that mean megascans acquired before Fab launch will still not work with other engines? or will their license get updated to Fab’s Standard License allowing them to work with all engines?

I was wondering the very same. Besides, it’s not so clear what they consider textures and models we own because we saved them in our library or, like I suspect and I hope I’m wrong, only those we effectively downloaded are considered acquired instead. I hope it is not the case because it would be simply impossible for me to download all the content I might need. A clarification about this detail is kinda important, I believe, not only for me.
Cheers!

2 Likes

I’m making a videogame solo, I’m broken so I’m only using free assets (included Megascans) I cannot download every single Megascan I need (I don’t even have money for buying an HDD to download these)

They should really reconsider the payment model, be clear of the “some assets” will still free, the new licence (as before I could use them commercially for free)

I feel like I’m in a hackathon to finish my game before 1st January 2025 (I have to check the Megascans, pick the ones better fits my scenarios) they pay tier could be very harmful for us, the smallest developers :confused:

PS:. Almost every material in this scenario is a Megascan gotten from Bridge, I’m very anxious, I’m feeling I won’t have resources to finish my game and right now It’s important to me