Download

Question about editing cooking times.

Good morning all!

I started working on my first mod, an extended preserving bin. Everything is working fine, and it works as intended, but for the life of me I can’t work out how to speed up the CookedMeat, CookedPrimeMeat to jerky transition! Does anyone know how to adjust this timer to make it slightly faster?

Any help or info on which direction to look would be fantastic!

Thanks,
Mike

This is not something that can be edited in any of the preserving bin files.

The easiest way to implement this is going to be to create copies of the PrimalItemConsumable_Cooked(Prime)Meat_Jerky and then rename them like you would for any other file. Open up the PrimalItemConsumable blueprint, and change the “blueprint time to craft” value to however many seconds you would like to it to take to make. Now go into your mod’s PrimalGameData file and remap the default game cooked meat to your modded cooked meat.

I know for certain that this will work, but it doesn’t sound like it would fit into your mod correctly. You could try changing the crafting speed of the preserving bin and see if that has any effect on it.
There may be something you could do in the event graph that would check to see if the meat is in your modded preserving bin, and then change certain values based off of that, but I’m rather new to modding and don’t know quite how to do that. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

Thanks very much for the reply. I did actually try your very suggestion before I started this thread, only to find like you have guessed that it didn’t work. I will keep trying though.

Thanks!
Mike