Question about C++ Assets and the UE4 Marketplace

Hey guys.

I’m planning on making a 2d/2.5d map editor template.

Everything you see in the video is made with blueprints but i would like to make this template on C++ and then expose the main methods/functions to blueprints so anyone can use them for their project. (I will make some maps/examples about how to use them too).
I’m not planning on making this as a plugin, only as a C++/BP project but i would like to know if there will be any problem if i make this asset.

I was searching for c++ assets on the marketplace and i can’t really find any so i was wondering if there is an issue with c++ assets and the marketplace.
I would also like to know if you guys prefer the assets on c++ or BP, i’m not sure but maybe there aren’t c++ assets on the marketplace because people don’t like them?
Also, i was considering the possibility of making this asset on skookumscript/BP. I don’t think it would be a good idea as my asset would require the skookum script plugin in order to work but what do you guys think?

Blueprint based assets are simply the preferred type of code related asset on the marketplace.
That and C++ support came late to the party, so to speak.

AFAIK the only way to distribute C++ on the Marketplace is through a plugin. But making one is pretty easy.