Question about 2d slide mechanic

Hello! I am new to Unreal (Still have a lot to learn). My question is, how would I go about making a script for a slide mechanic in a 2d game? I all ready have made the flipbook for slide, and I have run, jump, and crouch animations for my sprites all ready implemented in the game through my character blueprint. I mostly focus on graphic design, but am trying to learn the programming side as well. I have searched the internet for a solution, or just a nudge in the right direction, with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello there! I have the same question as you and I searched the whole internet for a solution and from here and there I found something and I did some code myself but its not perfect and it has so many bugs like it doesn’t play the animation you can use it only facing one direction if you are facing the other it just turns you around and doing it, I don’t know how to make it to play it only when on ground and not in the air and also you can’t really slide UNDER things it’s just kinda bump in them… But here if you can use it for something that would be great

I hope that help but hardly…Also if you have solution I will be very happy if you tell me