Quest 2 - Problems with accessing data from Guardian in blueprints

Couple issues:

1. I’m trying to call ‘is guardian configured’ and it always returns False even though I do have a guardian set to room scale. Have tried restarting and reconnecting everything.

2. When I call ‘get play area transform’ the return value for the scale vector is coming with with crazy values. X returns INT, Y returns a crazy number like 1308924023235294508.0 and Z returns 0.

Thank you!

Hardware:
Quest 2, Asus Rog Zephyrus G14 RTX 2060, using Oculus Link cable

2 Likes

Did you ever get a solution for this? I’m encountering the same thing. In the Oculus VR Production for Unreal Engine course, in the Understand & Implement Locomotion & Ergonomics, Oculus Guardian section, when we setting up the Guardian configuration check, I’m unable to see this work, though my account connects through Oculus Link and the guardian is very much active. I’m guessing this has to do with the Quest 2 not being Rift…? Anyway, would love to know if this was a quick fix.

No replies on this… sorry!

I have the same problem with the Quest 1

Little up on this one as I also have the problem with my Quest 2 returning false on the Is Guardian Configured. I also have the Entitlement failing while everything seems to be properly configured.
Help on this would be highly appreciated.

Same issue here.
Entitlement works, but ‘is guardian configured’ with a Quest 2 and using Air Link is false.

The ‘Get Device Name’ blue print node returns “Oculus Rift S”, so perhaps that’s the problem?

Added a GitHub issue to Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine Repository. https://github.com/Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine/issues/161