Pyramid Construction Using Blueprints

Sorry I have one more question.
I have built the core which is made up of a different block from the previous. This is its own blueprint.

Is there a way I can remove the pyramid blocks to make way for it? or build around the blue blocks? I have bought it into the Pyramid blueprint as a ‘child actor component’

Is there a way I can remove the
pyramid blocks to make way for it? or
build around the blue blocks? I have
bought it into the Pyramid blueprint
as a ‘child actor component’

You have options:

• an elegant one where we ask @ClockworkOcean to modify his funky script in such a way that the blocks in the middle 3x3x5 do not spawn
  • a brute force approach where you build things as you do; once the process is complete, you place a box collider in the middle and have it destroy overlapping components - this would allow you to remove a chunk of those voxels in the shape of the collider (like TNT in minecraft)
  • you place the core first, and then have your algorithm check ahead whether the spot for the next block is empty (not already taken by the core). This would allow you to have cores of the most complex shapes but requires quite a lot of upfront work to get it going.

The first option is the best because we can have someone else do it.

The second is super simple to implement but it will not adapt perfectly to the core’s shape. You’ll be limited to primitive-like shape cavities - spheres, boxes. That’s unless you invest in custom collider shapes (probably not worth it)

The third one could look like this:

You place a collision box where’d you put the next block, if no collision is detected there, you place the block, otherwise you skip. This can be made waaay more efficient with line tracing but is much more work - that’s where the extra work I mentioned comes from.

Yet another option is to build the pyramid as is. Once it’s done, place the core where it’s needed and step through the core’s blocks, destroying anything they overlap with.

If I went with option 2, would that be compiled in the event or construction graph?
Not sure on getting the other options to work just yet.