Download

Put Unreal Tournament movements to a basic FPS character

Hello everybody,

I just looked at the new Unreal Tournament and some gameplay mechanics would be good for my FPS character, but I can’t take the characteristic of a Unreal Tournament character for MY character (specially the “Wall Slide” category, to control Slide Gravity Scaling, Min Wall Slide Speed & Max Slide Fall Z).

Is there any method to have a “Unreal Tournament character” template and import it in a FPS shooter project ? If not, how can I get the “Wall slide” category for my character? I NEED this.

I’m a beginner at UE4 so please be cool with me.

Thanks in advance, Daivy

You could export the animations but then there’s the grey area of using UT3 assets without a UT3 license in a program that isn’t UT3.

Thanks for your answer. I don’t want the animations, just the characteristics of the UT characters.

Check out this series from my Buddy over at UnrealDevs!

(Watch the whole series)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxfb3Og49-Q

It should point you in the right direction :wink:

BIG UP PETER!
Love. Now. It Repeats. Bawgawk.

Thanks you for you answer. I already follow that videos. I can manage double jump and charged jump. Unfortunately, all the things explained in the others videos don’t work for me, and I tried a lot to make it work (especially for wall-running, the wallrunbox can’t detect surfaces). Sorry :frowning: