Put modified assets (do retopology, retexturing,...) on Unreal Marketplace for sale !?

Hi Everyone,

Can one purchase 3d models from third party markets and modify them (do retopology, retexturing,…) then put them inside Unreal Marketplace for sale? If so, should the person provide epic with the source content of their modified assets?
What about free stuff? like some free trees from ‘SpeedTree’ plugin?

Regards,

No, you can’t do that.
You have to sculpt it yourself, retopo yourself, and create your own textures.

Even if you have written permission from original author, most likely Marketplace will still refuse your asset.

“Is piracy allowed?”

No. Piracy is not allowed, and is in fact, a crime.

Actually I know what piracy is. I meant for instance someone is creating an asset for animations. but he/she is not a 3d modeler. I asked for such cases can he/she purchase a 3d character and modify it and apply the animations on that character? The main asset is the animation and the 3d character is just going to be used as the mannequin which is used only to carry the animations. I thought for such cases if the creator have permission from the owner of the asset, he/she can use that asset. It seems it’s not allowed. Thanks anyway it was just my curiosity to better understand the third party laws of submitting assets on marketplace.

It’s not just a law about 3D assets. Copyright laws are much more severe than that:

Taken directly from Turbosquid, a website well known for selling various 3D assets.

EDIT: Just to be clear, it’s perfectly fine to buy an asset pack and edit it in your project to fit your needs. It’s illegal to resell the assets, edited or not.

For an animation pack, you would generally be distributing it with the UE4 mannequin.

You can do what you want with things you have the rights to do what you want with, so I don’t really understand the point of your question.