Purple turns to Grey in UMG

Here is a screenshot that should explain the problem.

Whenever I put that color into UMG and compile it switches the color to the grey text you see.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? This doesn’t happen with any other color.

I am unshore. You could play around with the colour settings, or is might be the simple accident of not clicking on the correct colour editor when there are two there.

I’ve tried messing with color settings and everything. Every color works but purple. The text even turns purple in the editor after I set it up, but the second I compile or try to play, it switches back to the grey.

I just checked the bindings, that’s definitely not the issue. And just to test, I set the color to a slightly darker shade and it worked fine. There seems to be something wrong with that exact shade of purple.

Make shore your bindings do not affect the colour you could use the colour chooser to pick the colour on another text. The fastest fix would be to change the widget name.

Hello ,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end (including any small steps that may be missing from your original post)?
  3. Does this happen with all widget types?

Hey Rudy,

I’ve done a little bit of testing and I have answers to your questions.

Q1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?

A1. Yes, I created a completely clean project and am still having this issue.

Q2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end (including any small steps that may be missing from your original post)?

A2. The steps were:

1. Created Widget Blueprint

2. Placed a text block inside of a vertical box.

3. Changed text color via the "Color and Opacity" node in the "Appearance" tab

4. Compiled the Widget Blueprint.

It should be noted that the color will change inside of the editor before I compile. But the second I compile, it switches to grey.

Q3. Does this happen with all widget types?

A3. Yes it does, I’ve tried every widget type I can see and it happens in all of them.

Hello ,

After reading over your reply I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a report ( UE-32396) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I will provide up dates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Thank you for your time and information.

Make it a great day

Alright, sounds good! Have a great day!

Was this ever resolved? I’m having the same issue with a software cursor where it’s color is faded out.