Purchase Verification API

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks like Fab won’t have any means to verify customers or purchases at launch?

I was planning to publish my Unity asset on Fab, but without a way to verify purchases, we won’t be able to integrate with our licensing backend. That would be a blocker.

Please consider adding a way to verify purchases. Anything that allows validating order/invoice numbers via a web API would work. For reference, here is Unity’s API: Unity - Asset Store Publisher API

I agree, having an API like that would be great!

3 Likes

Regardless of the engine or software the purchase(s) are intended for, a method to authenticate verified purchases of our products is a necessity.

Sure, sales reports are great for accounting - that helps very little combating piracy when it comes to support, or the time consumption required to collect and verify information from customers.

My studio already runs automated purchase validation services for Unity publishers. We hope to add Fab, but it doesn’t seem like an invoice verification API is a priority.

2 Likes

Hi everyone. We’ll have an integrated purchase verification solution when Fab launches. No need to consider adding it, as it’ll already be there. :upside_down_face:

We also plan to eventually release a public API, but that’s a little farther down the road.

3 Likes

Hey, thanks for letting us know! So, at launch, we’ll only be able to manually verify via a publisher backend UI? That’s better than nothing, but it still won’t work for us, as we need an automated way to verify purchases. Hopefully, the public API won’t be too much farther down. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, you’re correct.

I’ve passed your API request on to the team. :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Looking forward to something usable.