Property Matrix with Widget

Hi im trying to change text font and color via property Matrix in my Widget.
As i have changed all the settings everything looks good in the editor and then i hit Compile… Bam all changes gone as if my changes werent stored. Also copyed the buttons and texts from hierarchy to notepad and saw that nothing has changed althou i can visually see in the editor that changes worked.
Am i doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Hello rants15,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide screen shots of any settings/blueprints/widgets that may be involved with this issue?

Hi yes this happens new projects also.

You can reproduce it by creating a widget with 10 buttons with different names. Then add text widgets in the buttons. And try to copy the Button name to the text. Basically Button name has its name as text inside. I will add screenshot to clarify.

I use about 260 buttons and i use tint to change color because it saves memory than having 260 buttons in .png and once the Matrix will start to work i can easily copy these values to Material Parameter Collection oneday

Hello rants15,

I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a report and I have submitted to the developers for further consideration. I have provided a link to the public tracker. Please feel free to use the link provided for future updates.

Link: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-43779)

Make it a great day

The property matrix still does not work in UMG (engine version 4.20.1). The bug report has been closed:
"This issue has been closed as ‘Won’t Fix’ "

How is this possible? Is this not an important feature? There are many values on different widgets that can NOT be changed via blueprint. If the property matrix does not work… then how do I change them? C++? Is that the only alternative?