Prop Manipulator does not work on props added during runtime

Hi,

Currently when spawning props in Verse using SpawnProp(), The props get added to the world but can’t get attached to a prop manipulator that is overlapping the spawned prop. Because of the way that prop manipulators registers its attached props at the beginning, you cant dynamically add objects to the world and change their behavior. (This behavior might possibly also apply to prop mover)

For Example, in my current project i am working on a system which allows a player to harvest an ore node(prop) for ores, when the ore node is destroyed i spawn a new prop after some time has passed. However when i (re)spawn set prop, i no longer have control over the ore nodes properties like health, and most importantly its item loot pool. This currently makes UEFN islands like most survival games impossible since resources cant be respawned. Also changing properties of player builds is also impossible.

My suggestion: Add a function to the prop manipulator (maybe prop mover as well) that retriggers the prop manipulators check for props in its bounding box so that props can be spawned/ moved in to dynamically attach to these manipulators.

@Humongousdungus Thank you for your feedback. While I cannot guarantee a response, I can confirm that this has been forwarded to the appropriate team.

1 Like

Its working as intended. If you want to have the props bound to the manipulator they must start like that in the playspace. It’s old creative 1.0 stuff, just kinda how it is.
Im not sure how many you need but you could just put a bunch of empty ones in and then change the meshes and materials at runtime to meet your needs.