Projectiles, Hit Result out of range (Videos)

Hi everybody,

I’m having a weird problem, we’re working on the guns for our naval simulator. And in detail I’m actually working on the shooting range.

For some unknown reason everything works fine up to a range/distance of about 8km (800000 UU), as you can see in the video below:
(You might have to view these Videos in Fullsize to see all neccessary details)

But when I try to increase the range to let’s say something ~ 10km (1000000 UU), the Distance Culling of the yellow glowing projectile itself is perfectly ok. But the visualized tracing part seem to disappear after a certain distance towards the end, and NO Hit Event happens. See Video below:

I’ve also created a screenshot of the desired Impact Zone below. As you can see in the end the trace simply stopped in the air…?

I’m actually sure that the projectile/trace is NOT leaving the level, or breaking through the skysphere. But besides that I’ve run out of ideas what could cause that behaviour. I’d be really really glad if someone could point me in the right direction to solve that. Thanks :slight_smile:

BTW, I just found out that the trace ALWAYS stopps after 16 seconds (tested this with slomo), no matter what barrel elevation I’m using…