Projectile Registering With Hitboxes

Does anyone have any idea why when I make some hitboxes out of collision or primitive meshes my projectile does not register when hitting?
If I fire my projectile at a normal box with physics it makes it go flying and for some reason it does not register with the enemy soldier bp hitboxes. I have set the collision to block all just to test it and still it doesn’t register a hit…

Note that the hit boxes need to be set to block projectiles, and the projectiles need to block hit boxes for it to work. I recommend creating custom collision channels to keep things organized.

Yea I already tried that for some reason they don’t register at all.
I made a projectile collision in the preferences and a hitboxes collision in the preferences. Set them to block each other and still nothing…
I made the hitboxes stupidly big aswell and still nothing. I notice they register when I walk into them and show the player character bp is hitting it…
I also set the projectile mesh to no collision and made a capsule collision around the bullet…

Had another look at it today and the projectile does hit the hitbox however the hitbox flies off the mesh and it doesn’t simulate the skeletal meshes physics…
Ok. I had to set the soldier mesh to ragdoll then turn off physics in the hitbox I had to make it overlap psysics body. Now its starting to work

Still Wouldn’t say its good enough. The collision detection can be abit ****, sometimes single shots go straight through without anything. And the collision does not stay connected to the socket or bone it flies off into the sky. Is blueprint even fast enough to have decent collision? my fire rate it 0.2. Even single shots don’t reg to well.

Hitboxes do not generate hit events at all. Only the mesh does And that’s useless for point based damage. The Projectile Trace Clearly Hits The HitBox But The HitBox Cannot Realise…Weird Have a look at this:

If I Fire Off Around 30 Shots Eventually It Gets A Hit And The Mesh Ragdolls. Although Its Very Rare. I Have A Feeling This Is Caused By Impulse Damage Caused By 2 Bullets Hitting Each Other Anyway. My Bullet Traces Are Ten Times More Complicated Than This So It Makes No Sense, I’m Sure I’m Missing Something Really Simple! However Its Not The Fact That I’m Shooting Myself In The Face!

Got it, For anyone else having the same problems…Forget using hitboxes altogether. What you want to do it get a hit event. Get the bone name because the physics mesh will give a bone name when hit. Just use that to do head chest arm and leg damage etc. What you can see the trace hitting in the pics are actually the physics planes. That is why it wasn’t even hitting the hitboxes.