Project won't open.

I’m new to UE. I started a project a week or so ago. It was going fine but now, after adding some plug-ins, cannot open my project. Not sure what to do but I have spent 30 - 40 hours over the last week on my project and really do not want to completely start over if possible. I cannot remember what plug-ins I installed but here is the error coder I get.

Fatal error: [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\LaunchEngineLoop.cpp] [Line: 4221] Failed to load UnrealEd Engine class ‘/Script/DisplayClusterEditor.DisplayClusterEditorEngine’.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

1 Like

Hi, currently having this exact issue myself, except I think it happened after I disabled some plugins that I thought were non-essential rather than when I enabled some. Did you manage to fix this yourself? If so, any idea what the cause was?

As a tip just in case you didn’t already know, you can right-click your UProject in File Explorer and Open With > Notepad. It’ll show you what plugins are currently enabled and disabled (they are labelled in the text document as “true” or “false”. If there’s a specific plugin you know is causing an issue, you can set it to true or false to re-enable/disable. Then save the file and try opening with UE again. Hope this helps in our case.

2 Likes

Apparently the class DisplayClusterEditorEngine is related to the nDisplay plugin. You might want to try adding (or removing if it’s already there) the following code to your uproject file:

{
			"Name": "nDisplay",
			"Enabled": true,
			"SupportedTargetPlatforms": [
				"Win64",
				"Linux"
			]
		}
3 Likes

Thanks, this fixed it! :]

1 Like