Project Warfall (title pending)
A Massively Multiplayer Sandbox MMORPG with a focus on full-loot PvP.
- 1000 sq km Map
- Support for 15,000 concurrent players minimum
- Clan System
- Clan Conquest System
- Support for large-scale territorial conflict between player clans
- Fully seamless world with no loading zones
- Classless Skill system (skills are improved (raised in power) through actual usage in game.)
- Intelligent Dynamic Roaming AI
- Instanced Dungeons for group content
- 4-6 Playable Races
- Player character alignment system that ranges from good to evil and in between based upon the actions of players.
- SpatialOS Support (this one is a maybe this early in development)
- Naval Combat and player controlled ships (similar to Archeage) but with a focus on PvP and end-game PvE encounters (The Krakken!)
- Large Scale Raids (number of players to face the encounter has not been determined.)
Donald Terrance - Executive Producer
Behind the Project:
I have been playing MMO’s for decades now. I played everything from WoW to SWG to Darkfall to Ultima Online and most modern MMO’s also like ESO, TERA, SWTOR, etc. I’ve been a entrepreneur as my profession and I thought after years of doing that it’s time to do something that I love and have a passion for: making games.
Talent Required: (ALL POSITIONS ARE OPEN!!! THEY WILL BE UPDATED AS FOLLOWED)
Lead Designer (1):
- Leading the design of products, concepts, graphical user interfaces, graphic designs and interaction patterns
- Ability to coordinate a team
- Comfortable iterating on ideas using rapid prototyping techniques
- 4+ years of Experience designing games
- Expertise using Unreal Engine 4 to include level layouts and Blueprint scripting
- Play a key role in the visual design and user flow of new products and features
- Working closely with development teams to deliver and deploy final products/services
Technical Director (1):
- Coding things from scratch as needed, rather than relying exclusively on high-level technology stacks
- 5+ years coding in C++ Required
- Knowledge of the Unreal 4 pipelines and framework
- Previous experience with pipeline tools on an engine, core, or platform
- Deep experience with low level optimizations and tool chains for at least one platform
- Fundamental understanding of all aspects of game engine development: 3D, sound, physics, AI, networking, multi- threading, UI and tools, with a passion for learning
- At least one, two preferred, shipped games
Software Engineer (4):
- Solid understanding of asynchronous programming techniques and pitfalls
- Familiarity with a host of game engineering technologies including (but not all): Rendering, physics, memory management, AI, gameplay systems, game audio systems, optimization techniques, tools development, debugging techniques, localization, user-interface, animation systems, multithreading development and debugging, databases, client-server systems, networking, as well as 3rd party tools and technologies.
- Ability to analyze game designer requests and iterate with designers to deliver implementations that are fun and engaging while still being robust and performant.
- Be able to analyze and optimize tools, pipelines, and processes
Lead Gameplay Programmer (1):
- Work side by side with designers, artists, and engineers, to design, implement, and iterate game systems (e.g. combat, AI, quests, items, etc.)
- Work with server and client side implementations.
- Hands on experience implementing game systems for server based multiplayer games
- Experience working with large code bases
- Experience building data driven game systems
- Experience with networked game logic
Gameplay Programmer (4):
- Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience architecting and/or implementing A.I., character control, path finding, multiplayer, or other gameplay-related systems
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua, Ruby) and managed languages (C#, Java) and/or assembler (Optional)
- Unreal Engine 4 Experience (2+ Years minimum)
Art Director (1):
- A strong eye for artistic quality with an ability to critically but respectfully dissect work and suggest ways to improve it
- Knowledge of game engine technology and art-related middleware solutions
- 5+ years overall experience and 3+ years running an art team that has shipped multiple titles
- High level of proficiency with any of the following game development tools including: 3ds Max, or Maya (preferred)
- Ability to manage large art pipelines
Concept Artist (2):
- Work with design and art development teams on the visual development of gameplay, characters and creatures.
- Work with environment art development teams to support props, environment and game atmosphere.
- Create and maintain a cohesive look and feel for the game through development of the visual language, the creation of visual style guides, and supporting visual development
- Collaborate with the design team to build a visual narrative
Character Artist (3):
- Create high resolution photo realistic 3D sculpts of organic/hard surface characters/creatures/weapons/props.
- Ensure consistency and quality of own work.
- Collaborate with concept artists and art direction to create high quality characters and creatures
- Re-purposing and modifying existing art assets to create compelling and engaging content.
Senior Environment Artist (1):
- Work with the Project Art Director and concept team to define the map vision
- Collaborate daily with Design to ensure that Art reinforces gameplay
- Prioritize, delegate and direct a team of 3-5 artists in the creation and implementation of environment art assets
- Author and direct the creation “gold standard” environment assets including materials, props, architecture, flora, terrain, and light schemes
- Expert at improvising visual direction when lacking a specific concept or design
Environment Artist (4):
- Experience with creating game ready assets, taking them through modeling, texturing, baking pipeline, and rendering to engine.
- Proficiency in Maya and/or 3ds Max.
- Able to work from photo reference or concept art when available, as well as, ability to interpret design intention, pushing it further as needed.
- Texture using both procedurally and hand painted techniques using a PBR workflow
All positions shown here are paid. Every position includes a monthly salary determined at the time of employment. They are all full-time positions.