Project update to UE5 blueprint class missing

Hey!

We are updating our project to UE5, when I open the project a blueprint class is missing the parent class ‘None’, when I try to select Pawn from the parent class dropdown it doesn’t show.
Would anyone know why this happens or how to change it maybe through a file or whatever?

1 Like

I was able to repair my project. I recompiled the code within the Editor several times. For some reason the PlayerCharacter.cpp kept reading as having changes or new even though I didn’t touch it. Once everything in the code compiled I right clicked and reloaded all the BP connected to my code. Then I had to go into the Animation blueprints and fix any use of a player reference variable I created that tries to get the owner of the animation BP on start and cast to my PlayerCharacter (cpp Character class).

I am having this same issue. Whenever I start up my project my C++ classes disappear from the content browser so they are removed as parents to the Blueprints I created from them. After recompiling the code they appear back in the content browser but do not appear in the parent class drop down in the Class Options section under Class settings.

Go to Class Setting in blueprint and reparent your class to the most relevant one.
You may still get some compiler errors when you compile the blueprint but they’ll be easy to fix

Hi I’m facing the same problem.

After closing my project, when i re-open, my classes are not compiled and the blueprint lost the reference to it’s parent class. Even after recompiling, i can’t find the class in the dropdown menu, i need to recreate the Blueprint from beginning.

Is there a solution, in such a way when i re-open the project this does not happen again?

Helped me:
Editor preferences → General → Loading & Saving → check Force Compilation at Startup and restart editor

1 Like

hey, your issue is solved or not ?