Project size is massively big

I have a huge problem with projects size but the weird thing is that the size increases depending on how much time i spend on the project not the content. It increases with time to the point that the 3rd person example is 16GB which is massively huge and as long as i spend time in the projects it increases even if i did nothing.

Just delete the Intermediate and Saved folders in your project, they are not needed unless you want to recover something.

1 Like

Is this a packaging problem? The way I handle large packages is I migrate only the used maps into an empty project, THEN package/deploy. This cuts off a lot of fat for unused assets.

I tried the Packaging settings to include only certain maps, but it still included all the data that was not used in the map files. Migrating to an empty project seems to be the only way.

A lot of the size (as mentioned above) come from things like autosave - among other saved components, and the intermediate stages (if building from C++). Projects can quickly become unbelievably huge very quickly; and for no apparent reason.

1 Like

In Project Settings check Create Compressed Cooked.

That should really help get the package size down.