Project Physics change when BP edit window isn't open

Hey thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Basically post compile/save my character jumps significantly higher when its BP is open.

Im making a Platformer with some Physics stuff. On Begin play I set the Pawn players gravity with a force node. It switches to a modded version in different circumstances, Im switching using an event tick and a branch.

according to the strings coming off of the force nodes its switching gravity settings properly with the correct values but im still getting this weird issue.

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks so much [ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“custom”,“data-tempid”:“temp_191504_1589083765859_462”,“height”:“509”,“width”:“790”}[/ATTACH]

You are probably frame bound.
having the BP open lowers your FPS within pie.

Hey thanks so much for the reply.

I locked the Frame rate to 60 and now everything’s happy.

Would timeline be a better alternative to event tick if i kept the frames unlocked?

You Can use on tick too. You just need to control how often you allow the impulse to be executed.

Something like a time counter that adds delta time and only allows all’input to process off a Modulus probably.
though it would be better to just reset the float variable after you have the amount you want in order to prevent possible float point issues when the game goes on for hours.
I would start with a .2 interval, move up from there.

In a pinch you could also just use a delay node.

You are a god. Thank you so much. :slight_smile: