Project: Liberty

Liberty is an Open-World game that mixes MMORPG and Survival game elements. Which offers players the freedom to choose an existing or creative role to their persona. Joining any faction or becoming a civilian, the choice is yours.

Players will immerse themselves in the world of Monroe, which will feature hundreds to thousands of accessible locations, each building can be accessed. There’s absolutely NO storyline nor do I have plans currently for one “at this time”, the more the player progresses through their very own character development, the better of quality their backstory is.

Liberty will offer accessibility to hosting servers, via dedicated servers. Liberty will also feature dynamic server control. Those who choose to do so, will be also given the option to control their server’s assets to shape how they want their server to be. From administration consoles to even having the ability to manage administrators and their level range in regards to what they’re capable of.

's a few extra images for your eyes!

, you dropped this!

Well it looks alright to start things.
But i think going kickstarter is too soon yet.
Why not give it more time to get popular just with development progress.
I literally just heard of it and there is already a kickstarter. That was way to fast :confused:

how do you plan to produce “will feature hundreds to thousands of accessible locations” ?

what do you mean in terms of gameplay / features by “accessibility to hosting servers, via dedicated servers. Liberty will also feature dynamic server control. Those who choose to do so, will be also given the option to control their server’s assets to shape how they want their server to be.” ?

Most buildings and locations in the game can be entered or explored. And some of those locations can be customized by players.

Liberty will give anyone who wants to run a dedicated server total control of values, or some of the assets in the game to make their dedicated servers stand apart from a default one. Those values and statistics will be dynamic to the player running the server, even with the support of a MySQL-like database. My intentions are to just simply give dynamic control outside of the game that’ll effect anything within the game.

Well those response of youres dont really answers the questions, it rather arises even more:

1. size of the world: I understood that you like to make locations like buildings which are enterable, but what is youre plan to produce thousands of accessible locations, that are also custimizable by players? In the video there are well about 3 locations, the path, the city-street and the river. How do you plan to produce the sheer amount of 1000s of such locations, and whats the performance solution for it multiplayer- and multiserver wise, including customisation?

2. servers: so the community can host multiplayer servers, is that what you mean by “accessibilty to hosting servers”? And by “total control of …assets in the game” you mean…what? servers with custom maps? modding the game itself, like game-mechanics?

There’s nothing wrong with that at all, I’m happy to answer any question pertaining the game.

The area is highly based on a fictionalized Memphis, Tennessee. I’ve land marked areas relating to their real life counterparts in the game from my map layout that I’m working with to ensure that I’m mapping out buildings, landmarks, and other locations correctly. Of course I change the layout from time to time due to the fact that they don’t seem to always work out. I surely don’t want to say that the map will consist on so many square miles off, because the level won’t be massive, but it won’t be small either…

That factor does consist on landmarks and not just interiors. As far as your question regarding multi-servers and multiplayer performance goes, I assume you mean the latency? (correct me if I’m wrong) That varies on who’s hosting and where they’re hosting. I wouldn’t use the term customization against dedicated servers. As I stated, there will be dynamic control. Meaning that you should be able to make changes to your dedicated server that could effect the way the server is portrayed in the game.

Yes, communities are able to host multiplayer servers, MySQL databases will give you the “accessibility” to…

Edit: I didn’t answer the rest of your last question, I do apologize…

Meaning servers will have be able to lay down objects down the road, not to mention business and house furniture assets too, assuming that not all servers will have furniture at different locations, properties, businesses or even houses. I haven’t given thought for mod support, I’m on the fence with the whole idea of it. It’ll be unlikely supported due to the fact that it could easily be turned into modified hacks or cheats that servers wouldn’t want to tolerate.

If this can be done, it will be a great work of art. Lets see what your team can accomplish!

“Did someone mention vehicles?”

Credits go to .

I’ll be posting two trailers later on to end this year off!

What I see in the trailer is some environments with pretty severely tiling textures (the forest path, the street) and one male character with glowing hair.

I see exactly zero gameplay elements, though? What is the gameplay like? Have you built any of that yet?

Most of the feedback that I’ve gotten was from the trailer, I assure you issues or concerns that are related to your statements will be addressed with one of the next two trailers I’ll be releasing this month. I agree, the first trailer was rushed/made poorly. I’m glad I’ve gotten the feedback from it as well…

Actually, if you’re going to build a large world with a small team, you have to rush, all the time, for a long time!
Consider the “A Tale in the Desert” series, which I think is one of the most successful, indie, large-world games.
It wasn’t perfect along any axis, but it had a large world with lots of players where the interactions mattered. That allowed it to do great for many seasons!

However, when it comes to large world games, it’s actually the gameplay, and managing a large number of players (how to get them to go to varied places, and not immediately grow bored!) that’s hard.
Building levels with props and environments is important, and requires artist skill to be sure, but that’s generally not what kills these kinds of projects.
Thus, if you want to have a chance to get more than $180 for your kickstarter, you probably want to make sure that potential backers see enough “real” there that they can imagine themselves actually enjoying it, as displayed.
Also: $25 including shipping for a shirt and a hat? You’re making no money for yourself on that pledge level. Don’t be afraid to up-charge for the pledge items, to make sure you get the funds you actually need to deliver the game in addition to the pledge rewards. If I were to ONLY buy a T-shirt or hat, I’d go to Old Navy or H&M or something. Thus, you are not competing on price for the rewards!

Actually, if you’re going to build a large world with a small team, you have to rush, all the time, for a long time!
Consider the “A Tale in the Desert” series, which I think is one of the most successful, indie, large-world games.
It wasn’t perfect along any axis, but it had a large world with lots of players where the interactions mattered. That allowed it to do great for many seasons!

However, when it comes to large world games, it’s actually the gameplay, and managing a large number of players (how to get them to go to varied places, and not immediately grow bored!) that’s hard.
Building levels with props and environments is important, and requires artist skill to be sure, but that’s generally not what kills these kinds of projects.
Thus, if you want to have a chance to get more than $180 for your kickstarter, you probably want to make sure that potential backers see enough “real” there that they can imagine themselves actually enjoying it, as displayed.
Also: $25 including shipping for a shirt and a hat? You’re making no money for yourself on that pledge level. Don’t be afraid to up-charge for the pledge items, to make sure you get the funds you actually need to deliver the game in addition to the pledge rewards. If I were to ONLY buy a T-shirt or hat, I’d go to Old Navy or H&M or something. Thus, you are not competing on price for the rewards!
[/QUOTE]

It depends, honestly. In terms of the trailer, the quality wasn’t as appealing to most. Gameplay was one of the aspects I was thinking about for the project. I think it’s a little too early to show off too much, but I’m not disagreeing with that ideal.

The problem with the teaser is that I didn’t show that much. That was my intention because later down the road, I wanted to produce a more efficient and well informative video. You can say that the teaser was something to hold me off till I get the two videos out to finish off the year. The Kickstarter was “partially” planned to an extent, things like the budget goal, and the organization of how the campaign was going to be was put first at the time. I’m not regretting the Kickstarter campaign because of the obvious errors that I corrected with the feedback from it. And I did get a few others to check it over, to preview the campaign just to confirm if it should be launched.

Lastly, while I’m also trying to establish a small team, this is a one man team. I’m admit, I’m not proficient in most areas of game production (programming and blueprints being my weak spot) but I’m very thankful for the feedback I receive to fix those errors.

All in all, thank you for the feedback. It helps the project achieve it’s goal even more further due to the fact the community (you guys) gives feedback.