"Project file is out to date" warning in every new project

Hi! I am having this warning every time I start a new project.

It started to happen a few days ago… maybe when I installed UE5?

Does anyone knows why and how to do some permanent fix?

Hi Eldany,

I think Megascans ‘Bridge’ is to blame. (Or the engine demanding that Bridge is enabled rather)

I figured this out by opening my .uproject file with a text editor, ‘Updating’ the project file, and saw that Bridge plugin was added.

I see that you’re using 4.27, but using my method above you should be able to see if it’s also Bridge in your case. Let us know!

@Astrotronic

no. in my case is BlueprintAssist…i think I know what is the problem…let me make another test…

1 Like

@Astrotronic

ok…I added this line to the BlueprintAssist.Unplugin manually:

I did that because I want that plugin to be enabled by default in any project and is what causes that update prompt.

I will check my unreal 5 and is very possible that the problem to be Quixel in that case I will confirm you soon…my case was a manually edited unplugin file to try to load the plugin as default…is not the right way?

1 Like

@Astrotronic I confirm UE5 issue is Bridge:

1 Like

@Astrotronic

UE5 bridge has the same line in the uplugin file

"EnabledByDefault": true,

and is what causes the prompt in the editor too. removing it will avoid the prompt
but also avoids the plugin to default load of course.

any workaround?

I clicked as solved but it was not :frowning:

Thanks for looking into that, I’d like to live in a world where that popup never occurs. For the longest time Oculus VR and Steam VR plugins were enabled by default. (Only mentioned in the .uproject file if you disable them) I imagine Bridge may be on this path to being a ‘default plugin’ at the engine level.

Personally, I’d wait until 5.1 to see if it gets resolved. If it does not, I’d submit a bug report. (With a bug report there is a chance someone will agree that this is a rough edge that needs to be smoothed over and will create a JIRA ticket for assignment to devs)

Cheers!

1 Like