Project engine version is UE "5.0" but when run it from launcher the version is UE "5.0EA"

and some time ask me for conversion! what I’m missing here!

1 Like

EA stands for ‘Early Access’ as the current builds are considered alpha / beta builds. The first final release candidate is not scheduled until Spring 2022. Hope that helps.

2 Likes

that is not what I’m talking about.
I’m talking about the conflict between the version name in normal & launcher

2 Likes

o ok, literally unplayable.

that cause some problem when we convert plugins to work with UE5 the plugin sometime store the UE5 version as “5.0” and sometime as “5.0EA”

2 Likes

Did you try defining “EngineAssociation” instead of “EngineVersion” in your .uplugin?

It works well for me, plugin is updated both for EA and ue5-main branch.

2 Likes

I have the same issue as @Makadi. In a team of 3, 2 of us has “5.0” but one only opens in “5.0EA”. When the 5.0EA opens with (right click) “Launch Game”, it converts to 5.0… It’s really annoying and it didn’t get resolved by a reinstall of the Engine nor new clone from git repo.

Any suggestions would be appreciated (not looking for plugin walkarounds but something more concrete as to why they defaults to different versions.)

Could it be part of some weird A/B-testing scenario? I can only choose to install one 5.0 version in the Epic Launcher. We use different CPUs, Ryzen AMD on the two defaulting to 5.0, and Intel on the 5.0EA if that is of any importance.

I will try uninstall both the launcher and reinstall the engine.

1 Like