Project Conversion Failed Issue

Hi,

I’m new to UE4 and relatively new to C++ though not programming in general.

I’m trying to start a new code project using the top down template, however I get a compilation error.

I would also like to note that I’m trying to loosely follow this series of videos: wiki.unrealengine.com C++ Gameplay video series

Here’s the log:

The project failed to compile with this version of the engine. Build output is as follows:

Running E:/Program Files/Epic Games/4.7/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe Test Development Win64 -project="E:/Unreal Projects/Test/Test.uproject" -rocket -editorrecompile -progress
Parsing headers for TestEditor
Reflection code generated for TestEditor
Performing 9 actions (4 in parallel)
[2/9] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
[3/9] Resource Test.rc
PCH.Test.Test.h.cpp
E:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Resources\Windows\ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl(3) : fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'windows.h'.

E:\Unreal Projects\Test\Source\Test\Resources\Windows\Test.rc(8) : fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'windows.h'.

E:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\PlatformIncludes.h(5) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'new': No such file or directory
-------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: E:\Unreal Projects\Test\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-Test.dll
Cumulative action seconds (8 processors): 0.00 building projects, 0.83 compiling, 0.00 creating app bundles, 0.00 generating debug info, 0.00 linking, 0.00 other
UBT execution time: 12.74 seconds

So how can I fix this?

Never-mind, after more searching I found this thread from last year and got it sorted as I was getting the same errors when I ignored the above error and carried on into VS.