Project conversion failed (4.6.1) - LNK1104 cannot open file

Hi,

I wanted to convert my project from 4.5.1 to 4.6.1 UE version, but came across fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file UE4Editor-Core.dll. This is the build output log:

The project failed to compile with this version of the engine. Build output is as follows:
Running C:/Program Files/UnrealEngine/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe RTSGame Development Win64 -project="C:/Users/DarkLiquidus/Documents/UNREAL/RTSGame/RTSGame.uproject" -editorrecompile -progress
Building UnrealHeaderTool...
Target is up to date.
Parsing headers for RTSGameEditor
Reflection code generated for RTSGameEditor
Performing 280 actions (4 in parallel)
[1/280] Link UE4Editor-Core.dll
[4/280] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
Module.UE4Game.cpp
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\UnrealEngine\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-Core.dll'
PCH.RTSGame.RTSGame.h.cpp
[5/280] Resource RTSGame.rc
MyAIControllerCrowds.cpp
RTSGame.generated.cpp
RTSGame.cpp
AutoStartupModuleListGetter.generated.cpp
C:\Users\DarkLiquidus\Documents\UNREAL\RTSGame\Source\RTSGame\MyAIControllerCrowds.cpp(7): warning C4996: FPostConstructInitializeProperties is deprecated and was renamed to FObjectInitializer. Please use that type instead.
-------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\Program Files\UnrealEngine\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-Core.pdb
Cumulative action seconds (8 processors): 0,00 building projects, 16,49 compiling, 0,00 creating app bundles, 0,00 generating debug info, 0,13 linking, 0,00 other
UBT execution time: 60,60 seconds

Nobody knows what might cause this?

Hi DarkLiquidus,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your post. I am curious if you could confirm whether the process you followed to upgrade your project went something like this:

• Built version 4.6.1 of the Engine from source code.
  • Ran the UE4Editor.exe file that was created.
  • At the Unreal Project Browser window, selected your project and clicked Open (or double-clicked on the project).
  • Chose “Open a copy” from the Convert Project prompt that appeared.
  • The automatic conversion failed and you selected the option to “Open with Visual Studio.”
  • When the project opened in Visual Studio, immediately started building the project without closing the Unreal Project Browser window.
  • Had the build fail with the error message you mentioned above.

Is that similar to the process that you followed?

Hi DarkLiquidus,

We have not heard back from you for some time. Do you still need help with this issue? I will be marking this issue as resolved for tracking purposes. If you still need any help with this, please feel free to re-open this post.