Project causes UE source to rebuild...

Hi there,

I am currently trying to learn to work with the source build of UE 5.2

It works and I can create (some) projects. When I create a new project the editor closes after generating files. Then I do the following:

• I go into the project folder and open the solution. Then trying to build the project completely rebuilds the inreal engine again. What is going on here? I get always this from the output:

Build started…
1>------ Build started: Project: exampleproject2, Configuration: DebugGame_Editor x64 ------
1>Using bundled DotNet SDK version: 6.0.302
1>Running UnrealBuildTool: dotnet “…..\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.dll” -Target=“exampleproject2Editor Win64 DebugGame -Project="D:\UE 5.2 Projects\exampleproject2\exampleproject2.uproject"” -Target=“ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development -Quiet” -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild
1>Log file: D:\Unreal Engine 5.2\UnrealEngineSource\Engine\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Log.txt
1>Using ‘git status’ to determine working set for adaptive non-unity build (D:\Unreal Engine 5.2\UnrealEngineSource).
1>Creating makefile for exampleproject2Editor (no existing makefile)
1>Parsing headers for exampleproject2Editor
1> Running Internal UnrealHeaderTool “D:\UE 5.2 Projects\exampleproject2\exampleproject2.uproject” “D:\UE 5.2 Projects\exampleproject2\Intermediate\Build\Win64\exampleproject2Editor\DebugGame\exampleproject2Editor.uhtmanifest” -WarningsAsErrors
1>Total of 0 written
1>Reflection code generated for exampleproject2Editor in 1.861214 seconds
1>Building exampleproject2Editor and ShaderCompileWorker…
1>Using Visual Studio 2022 14.34.31946 toolchain (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.34.31933) and Windows 10.0.18362.0 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10).
1>[Upgrade]
1>[Upgrade] Using backward-compatible include order. The latest version of UE has changed the order of includes, which may require code changes. The current setting is:
1>[Upgrade] IncludeOrderVersion = EngineIncludeOrderVersion.Unreal5_1
1>[Upgrade] Suppress this message by setting ‘IncludeOrderVersion = EngineIncludeOrderVersion.Unreal5_2;’ in exampleproject2Editor.Target.cs.
1>[Upgrade] Alternatively you can set this to ‘EngineIncludeOrderVersion.Latest’ to always use the latest include order. This will potentially cause compile errors when integrating new versions of the engine.
1>[Upgrade]
1>Determining max actions to execute in parallel (8 physical cores, 16 logical cores)
1> Executing up to 8 processes, one per physical core
1>Building 2710 actions with 8 processes…
1>[1/2710] Compile [x64] Module.Core.2_of_17.cpp
1>[2/2710] Compile [x64] Module.Core.16_of_17.cpp
1>[3/2710] Compile [x64] Module.Core.7_of_17.cpp
1>[4/2710] Compile [x64] Module.Core.12_of_17.cpp

What am I doing wrong? I look on random tutorials and there its done within a minute or so. Help is greatly appreciated.

I have the same bug. There is no solution given since 2014… I don’t know what to do…

1 Like