Project build progress window is missing

Sooo I have noticed that when rebuilding project (open .uproject and pops up message like: some modules are missing, rebuild them) window with build progress bar didn’t shows up. It’s so inconvenient cuz I need to open Task Manager and look for compiling processes just to know that something is happening. Do anybody have the same issues and maybe someone solved one? Sorry, no screenshots since well… there is no window…

Win 11, UE 5.0.X and 5.1.

Are you building your project code or an installed 3rd party plugin? If it is the former, then you could try rebuilding it in Visual Studio. I suggest that you also add all relevant folders to your antivirus exception list, as such programs often interfere.

I Indeed rebuild project code and it is rebuilds fine, but silently. It’s just does not show progress window and only look like nothing happening. Using VS is okay, just was interested why it’s happening silently.
Actually found video with behavior in question: Unreal Project Could Not Be Compiled, Try Re-Building From Source Manually - YouTube
at 3:33 (video itself doesn’t refer to my question). If I remember correctly < UE 5ver. showed progress window for rebuild, maybe UE5 just dropped that feature.

EDIT: also found a screenshot from some video(to show what i’m talking about)
image_2022-12-05_223554610

That is strange, because I can confirm that the progress bar is visible on both UE5 and UE5.1. Try rebuilding a different C++ project and ensure that your realtime antivirus is disabled.

Sorry for necro, but this is due to a number of changes from 4.27 to 5.0(connect your GitHub to your Epic account to view). Basically if the task takes longer than 3 seconds, then the dialog will show.

With engine source, you can modify this method to show it again (in Source/Runtime/Core/Private/Misc/FeedbackContext.cpp):

void FFeedbackContext::BeginSlowTask( const FText& Task, bool ShowProgressDialog, bool bShowCancelButton )
{
	TaskName = Task;
	ensure(IsInGameThread());

TUniquePtr<FSlowTask> NewScope(new FSlowTask(0, Task, true, *this));
	if (ShowProgressDialog)
	{
  		// Change this from MakeDialogDelayed to this
  		NewScope->MakeDialog(bShowCancelButton);
	}

NewScope->Initialize();
	LegacyAPIScopes.Add(MoveTemp(NewScope));
}