ProInstance Tools is a lightweight set of tools to control mesh or actor placement using procedural generation with easy to understand and unified settings. It can help you avoid doing lots of repetitive tasks in level or environment design.
This page is reserved for discussions, suggestions and troubleshooting.
Also, due to the plugin’s nature it may be pretty hard for me to predict how one can use certain instance type and in what circumstances. If you feel stumbled, or found some bug, please share your opinion too - in most cases we can fix this in updates.
- Almost endless ways to place meshes/actors
- Designed to be as easy to use as possible
- Snapping and alignment to a surface below
- Instant switching between types: Static Mesh, Instanced Static Mesh (ISM), Hierarchical Instanced Static Mesh (HISM) and any other Actor Class
- Controlled randomization using seed number
- Quick access to ProInstance types from new custom category in Place Mode
- Self-explanatory unified settings
- 5 ProInstance types
- Custom icons
- Can improve performance and reduce drawcalls
- Can save a lot of time