Progress bar won't be updated in Widget component

Hi everyone!

I’m working on UE 5.3 and someting’s wrong with my widget component I added into my actor. I created a blueprint function in my widget component and I call it in event tick of the to update the progress bar depending on the time.

When the actor is spawned, I get the widget reference at event begin play from it’s component and it works. The thing I don’t understand is when I tried to put a breakpoint on the “Set Percent” node itself and it breaks in, but the percent isn’t set with the new value.

Am I missing something about updating widget component into an actor?

We’d need to see it in script format to tell what (if anything) was missed. Show us how you’re setting new progress bar value.

Okkay so in the event tick it looks like that ( Mood value is supposed to be the updated value of the progress bar )

I Bind the value for the percent too and it didn’t work

• use function binding or tick update, not both - I understand this was just a test, though
• what Mood Values are you sending to the bar, what role does delta play - in short, how are calculations done

I tried both solutions not at the same time and it’s not working anyway.

MoodValue is a float which are between 0 and 1. When I start the game, it set correctly the progress bar with the value, but it’s not updating. The delta value decrease the mood value during time.

( In screenshot, there’s a boolean but it’s always true for now )

I feel like it’s more a problem with updating the progress bar percent than the calcul itself because I printed it and it’s working well

Even though you did explain it earlier on, could you show how you obtain the Mood Widget reference? The script seems to be more than fine.

• what are the chances the widget’s value is updated elsewhere as well?
  • what is the default value of that float? It should be 1, right?

This should boil down to:

• in the widget:

• in the widget owner:

I saw you used “Get User Widget Object”. What’s the difference between this function and “Get Widget” ?

Otherwise your node looks like mine, and it changes nothing if I use Get User Widget Object or Get Widget. With you example are you able to update the percent value of your progress bar in the widget component?