beside my personal RTS project I want to deal with something different to keep my brain fresh, to learn new things, and to create more great games!
So far I had 2 main projects: a free open source WYSIWYG world editor for 3DGamestudio (a contest 2nd prize winner tool), and the above mentioned RTS project I ported to UE4 last year. I have worked with UE4 intensively since Sept 2015, but started with it immediately in March 2014 (testing, completing tutorials, asking and helping Epic staff to fix engine bugs), so I have some knowledge and experience with:
- BP and C++ programming, exposing C++ functions to BP, converting BP to C++,
- UE4 game framework and source,
- creating a fast behaviour tree purely with C++,
- different pathfinder systems (navmesh, grid, hierarchical),
- general asset workflow (static mesh, skeletal mesh, animations, textures, materials, flipbooks etc.),
- editor tools (material editor, persona, static mesh editor, level editor, behaviour tree and blackboard etc.),
- animation both from AnimBP and C++,
- HLSL experience with DX9 that helps a lot in case of materials,
- UE4 performance optimization, testing, bug-fixing,
- basic modelling, skinning, rigging, animation tweaking (UltimateUnwrap3D, Fragmotion, Milkshape)
- vegetation modelling (TreeIt), terrain generation (L3DT),
- creating landscape, BSP for test levels,
- and many more
I would join any project interesting for me: historic, mythological, fantasy, sci-fi are preferred, I play usually strategy games, and not a fan of FPS. I have no experience with multiplayer, but it is an area I want to learn in near future (so please don’t expect from me a complex MMO server setup). My current pc is just over the minimum requirements of UE4, so I might have issues with GPU and memory heavy stuff…
Special area of interest: game AI.
Location: Mid-Europe. Age: 30+.
Weekly hours: 10 (flexible, beside job and my personal game project)