Profiling Linux Server

We’ve been developing our game with the server hosted on a dual core cloud-based machine and decided this weekend to see what we could handle on a hexa-core cloud-based machine. Results were the same as a dual core.

Does the UE4 server handle multiple cores poorly?
Should I be forcing it to 1 specific core and hosting another on the next available core?

I’ve attached profiling information from a mostly idle game with a single player connected. Usage is ~16% with a single client connected.

Edit: Attaching the profiling info didn’t work so I’ve attached screenshots. If interested in profiling data please let me know.

Just read this thread: Why Does Epic always make Dedicated Server Single Threaded? - C++ - Unreal Engine Forums

This is making more sense. Am I to assume that the dedicated server will select an unused core when multiple are run on a single server?

The OS should avoid scheduling two servers (or, for that matter, any two CPU-intensive processes) on a single core if there are underused ones available.

Servers will not restrict or anyhow mess with their affinity, although they could be doing that if you believe that you know your server behavior patterns better than the OS does (this is a plausible scenario as you have a big picture view while OS scheduler is making momentary decisions based on server’s dynamic behavior).