Profiling a shippable build

Hello there,

I would like to be able to profile CPU performance of our game as close to the shippable version as possible by capturing stats to load into the profiler from a standalone build.

Clearly the shippable version does not include any of the stats capturing so I have made a modified shippable build by defining STATS. Having done this I still can’t get the profiler to live connect to my modified shippable build or bring up a console and issue a “stat startprofile” or “stat stopprofile” to record a stats file. Please could you advise what else I need to modify in my shippable build to be able to profile it?

Thanks,

Phil

Hi,

Check “stat startfile/stopfile”

Hi,

We think this post contains useful information which we would like to share with our public UE4 community. With your approval, we would like to make a copy of this post on the public AnswerHub which includes the discussion but strips out your username and company name. Please let us know if you are okay with this.

Thanks!

What do mean by “a modified shippable build”?
Console should be available in the test configuration.

Or check:

UGameViewportClient::SetupInitialLocalPlayer

Yes that is fine.

I never actually completed the work on this because it was taking me too long to figure out how to invoke the code in stat startfile and stat stopfile without any of the console interface (that is stripped out in shippable builds). If you could also describe how to go about that in your copied post that would be amazing.