Like this: Telemetry Performance Visualization System
It would really help with understanding why your game is slow, especially with all the parallel processes going on in the engine. It could also help understanding the engine in general as you can easily see “the meat” of each frame happening.
Since you already have a frame based profiler, it shouldn’t be too complex either! Unreal already records all the data necessary to generate this view, it just doesn’t display it as nicely.
Reasons to make this:
- Extremely useful for finding bottlenecks in your game
- Helps understand parallel processes in the engine
- Required data is already recorded
- The current profiler view sucks
- Telemetry is expensive as hell
- Unity already has this?!
- Makes optimizing fun!
Reasons not to make this: