Professional or paid support?

is there a way to get professional or paid support? I have had topics in here and questions on answer hub that have gone completely unanswered for days. Is there someone professional that I can pay?

You could ask a privat tutor -> e.g https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?17178-LFW-PAID-Rama-Available-Counseling-Steam-Multiplayer-Code-UI-C-Game-Mechanics&highlight=rama

But otherwise there is no paid support available, because mostly you get a fast and really good answer from the community or the epic games staff. :slight_smile:
When you dont get a reply, bump your thread, but keep in mind that you should just do it after 4 days. Also make sure to post your question into the forum -> there you mostly get really fast answers

Could you probably post a link to your unanswered questions so that we can take a look at them?

That’s wrong, there actually is a paid support. I don’t know where to ask for this, just write an email to the general mail address from epic, they will surely redirect you to the correct one.

I think when you have a custom licence, but never heard about a paid support :slight_smile:
Would be cool to get an official statement about this.

You could always put up a Paid job request for a Blueprint Tutor.

Dont need blueprint I need the DUMPMOVIE command to work and it appears to be completely broken in 4.7

This is why I know there is paid support: https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?59923-Unreal-Engine-4-7-Released!&p=239997&viewfull=1#post239997

This is where you can sign up for Custom Licencing & support:
https://www.unrealengine/custom-licensing

But as mentioned in the other post, can you give us the links to your AnswerHub posts so I can try and help? Thanks!

Ok, thx for the info :slight_smile:

Do you really believe that questions are quickly answered? I am not certain I have ever seen an Epic staff member answering a question!!!

Certainly no one that said "I am with Epic, I am here if you have further questions!‘’

3 years in I have no idea where to ask the simplest things (without having to deal with other random people’ psychological need to ‘cut me down’ or question my intellect, or motives, or soul,…/ :slight_smile:

. There are, many things that NONE of the tutorials or documentation explain. Like the UE4 ‘tutor’. It says one paragraph about ‘level blue prints’ but doesn’t really tell you anything,

I am left wondering, How do you know what kind of BP you are working in???
I am left asking… Is a Level Blueprint like a MAP? Actually, I KNOW FOR A FACT that in some ways, that answer is yes,

1. You can LOAD a BP into a game as if it were a ‘map’ (Like, the kind of BP that is like a is a 3D Scene, you can load chairs, and lights, fish tank… and that ‘room’ can appear when you open a door,. IS THAT BP, (the kind that has a Viewport and you can load many things) called a ‘level’ BP???
    IF NOT WHAT KIND OF BP does have a Viewport and graphs and is KIND OF LIKE a ‘map’ but is definitely a BP?

Assuming someone who reads this, were to UNDERSTAND what I am explain above, what ever kind of BP that is, (I am forced to work in it on aprojhect THAT is how the ‘rooms’ are built,)
could they tell me this about these kinds of Map but OT MAP BP’s??

I can NOT edit this type of BP, my ‘level’ (or 3D Scene, room…) in the VR Editor!!! Which REALLY messes up my work flow! I had hoped I could just Build a MAP then Load the Map into the BP? OR Build a scene in a MAP to how I like =it then Copy the objects, lights etc, and paste it into the ‘BP’ Viewport, but have not been able to do that either!!
SO FRUSTRATING!

In 3ds , ever since the R1 for DOS days,. we have a saying, "There are a HUNDRED Ways to do any given thing in 3D Studio (3ds )’
In EPIC, UE4, All I see are limitations. Roundabout ways of doing things,. nothing elegant,. SO frustrating,…

Like for instance, I am I am pretty much THE ONLY ONE who posts the official VR Editor thread forum,. (except one guy who asked why 90% of the objects in the Infinity Elvin Ruins, cannot be selected or moved in VR Editor!) I tried for hours last night to help him, last night, downloaded the asset, etc. But I didn’t post this time there,. because I can’t find ANY DIFFERENCE between the objects that ARE selectable in VR Editor and the ones that aren’t! ONE MORE LIMITATION…

ANY help about how to edit a BP ‘3D scene’ in VR Editor OR to first edit a map then ‘load’ or ‘paste’ that all, into a BP… would be much appreciated!

OR HOW TO ‘UNLOCK’ or ‘MOVE’ OBJECTS IN THE ‘INFINITY ELVIN RUINS’ free from marketplace IN VR EDITOR TOO! :slight_smile:

Stephen from Epic answers questions daily. If you have some questions maybe they’ve been answered before, I see many people making threads where they could find the answer by doing a simple search. Also, in some cases a question is too broad to where there’s no simple answer, or it’s so specific that most people don’t know the answer.
On the topic of the VR editor, I would say that few people use it so chances are people aren’t going to check out questions related to it.

[quote=“, post:11, topic:24701”]

Stephen from Epic answers questions daily. If you have some questions maybe they’ve been answered before, I see many people making threads where they could find the answer by doing a simple search. Also, in some cases a question is too broad to where there’s no simple answer, or it’s so specific that most people don’t know the answer.
On the topic of the VR editor, I would say that few people use it so chances are people aren’t going to check out questions related to it./QUOTE

You take the time to tell me I am WRONG,. BUT (ironically) PROVE I AM RIGHT,. By not actually addressing my questions!

**THAT, what you typed above IS THE PROBLEM. Advice *about *advice, answers *about *answers, talking *about *talking,… recursive put-offs,… but rarely just simple information from a place of passion about the platform.

REALLY,. WHY BOTHER TO ANSWER?? JUST TO DEFEND EPIC??

*I SAY:

Defend it by giving good answers! Whether you work there or not,… *

So,. I’ll just go ask my questions again somewhere else now shall I?

AND I WILL GET JUST THE SAME SORT OF PUT OFF INSTEAD OF GOOD INFO!

I’ve been here for years,

AND I COMPARE IT TO NEARLY 30 YEARS ON AUTODESK FORUMS AND BBS SITES, (PRE INTERNET)

WHAT I WOULD CALL A FAMILY,…

UNREAL HAS NEVER FELT LIKE THAT. NOT FUN, OR GOOD, OR LIKE A ‘CO-ADVENTURE’.
Learning 3ds was a blast, learning Unreal has been the worst experience of my life,.

BUT ITS ALL IN MY HEAD RIGHT? No room for IMPROVEMENT? :slight_smile: **

Were you asking something or was it just a rant? Hard to say.

@NextWorldVR, maybe the guy doesn’t know the answer to your question. Give him a break and relax. No need to displace your frustration on other people. Anybody who has used Unreal for any project has experienced what you are feeling now. I don’t know the answer to your question myself, sorry wish I did, but I don’t use Blueprints that often. Here’s a couple of tips:

Have you considered using polycount, they have a whole other community there and a subsection dedicated to Unreal. They are usually very helpful if your willing to learn, and it seems like you are.

There is also https://gamedev.stackexchange/. They might be able to help you there.

There are answers out there, you just have to keep looking. Sometimes taking a break from your projects are a good idea. Do something you enjoy, forget about Unreal for a bit and then come back to it. You’d be surprised how much that helps. Often times your brain can process problems or ideas in your subconscious when they aren’t in the forefront of your mind (From my psychology studies). I hope those resources help you and the OP.

Fair enough. I just think that, for the most part, if someone has asked a question,. and someone does not have the answer… They should MOST CERTAINLY NOT REPLY. It makes the already muddy water completely obscured, (I did ask, what was the point of replying if he has no advice or help! :slight_smile:

Unless they are trying to be nice like you seem to be,… There’s a quote I like from an old Sci Fi movie that kind of says how I feel about the sort of answer I got above:

"Time is our most precious resource, waste anything but time!‘’

I ALWAYS figure out my own problems anyways, The answer (if anyone happens to see and wonder):

To be able to do all work in the normal editor AND VR Editor,. and make the changes apply to a ‘Blueprint’,…

1. Throw all objects into the Blueprint Viewport. Save Blueprint.
  2. Pull blueprint into empty ‘map’, make changes to everything, in normal ways,. Use VR Editor,. etc. decrease light levels, arrange the objects etc. Animate characters etc. then in Details click the big blue ‘Blueprint button’ (in Drop Down Mode!) and choose:
  3. Apply instance changes to Blueprint!!

Note: Whatever you need, add it to the BLUEPRINT. If you add ANY lights or objects to the MAP (that are not in the Blueprint), the ability to ‘apply instance changes to Blueprint’ Disappears! (the Blue Blueprint Button is no longer a Dropdown!)

Now I can build in VR Editor AND save it as a ‘BP’ that can be loaded into the main ‘map’,…

I can’t believe I found it. And it’s good, because,. NO ONE in a million years would have told me I can work l with BP’s in this way, Edit a BP in the VR Editor indirectly by instancing temporarily into a MAP! :slight_smile:

THanks…

I don’t use the VR Editor so I can’t answer any technical questions related to that. In any case, I wouldn’t answer questions like that in this thread because that’s not the topic of the thread.