Product configurator general capabilities and export xls or csv

Hi there,

I am a 3D Artist at a company that produces awnings and glass roofs. We are thinking about building a product configurator using unreal engine. But I have no experience using a game engine. Therefore I´ve got some questions.

Is it possible, to export product fata (dimensions, color etc) to a table? like an excel file or something like that.

I watched some examples for a product configurator, but I didn´t see anything like with sliders for manipulating sizes (width, height and so on). I built my models based on controlers for attributes like that in Cinema 4D so far (for Videos). So using blueprints shouldn´t be a big problem for me. Is it possible to have procedural models based on extruded splines for example?

We also think about transfering the configurator into an AR application for “on sight live configuration”. Would there be any limitations?

I imagine unreal being capable of all of those things, but I would like to know if anybody has any experience with something like that and could tell me more about possible limitations or some advantages.

greetings,

Martin