Product configurator embedded in browser?

Hi guys,

Apologies if this has been asked before, i have tried searching for an answer but have not been able to find a definitive one.

Using UE5 to build a product configurator, is it possible to embed that configurator into a web browser or would it need to be a seperate standalone app to use it?

Sorry for the total amateur question but i have just discovered the possibilities with using UE along with my 3d modelling background. I am completely new and was just wondering what was possible. I know my question is a little vague, but i only need a vague answer, the rest i can research and learn myself.

Thanks guys!

There is html support in 4.25
and a separate fork of the source code build that supports html in 4.27
but there is no UE5 html support and afaik no fork with html
only simple gltf scene export.

Thanks for the reply man. I will start looking into different ways in which we can deliver an experiemce to users. UE has got a lot to give. Appreciate you taking the time to shed some light

As Christuusgnosis said you can export a scene to gltf and then use some online tool to make a configurator out of it. Sketchfab would be a place to look at 3D Configurators - Sketchfab

Else you can make a normal UE application and do some pixelstreaming from cloud instance.
Those are more convoluted and will be costly if you need to serve many clients at once, however you have a full UE application doing the render and not a webgl viewer rendering a gltf.

Fantastic response mate, that is a great place for me to start my research into this matter. Thanks for your guidance, i appreciate it!