Processor not supported

Hello,
Just went to install Unreal 4 and looks like I might be out of luck :frowning:

When I try to run the UnrealEngineInstaller-1.0.0-2039063.msi, this is the error I receive,

“This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact you product vendor.”

Here’s my Diag,
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core™2 Duo CPU E8600 @ 3.33GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3264MB RAM
Page File: 2355MB used, 4167MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 260
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 2255 MB
Dedicated Memory: 879 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

I’m fearing I might need to just get a refund until I buy a new comp.

Let me know, thanks for your help.

Your CPU is too slow, you need Windows 64-Bit and you need a graphics card that supports DirectX 11

Looking at your specs you will need to upgrade your graphics card to at least a Medium Ranged DX11 Card, something like a GTX470 or HD6870, but I recommend going for a HD7850 or GTX 660 and for your CPU will need at least a Quad Core cpu like for example from intel a i5 series cpu and 8gb of system ram. to get you going comfortably.

I think problem is you need 64-bit of system if you CPU support that

DirectX 10 is minimum…

He’s CPU does have 64bit support, I think the Engine only supports Quad Core and above.

Without 64-bit system it works like 32-bit

The point is the same, His processor isn’t supported by the engine.

Not by default

Quad or duo does not mater as threads are distributed betwen cores seemlessly by system kernel. If theres any support issues then its in CPU captibilities like instructions set. I run engine on Q9300 and DX10 without any issues without need of plying around.

Ah yes I missed that haha! thanks for clearing that up @mgodesy 64bit is the minimum OS required to run Unreal Engine 4 and since your running the 32bit version of Windows 7 there will be no way to run the engine. time for a OS upgrade buddy.

so if he upgrades his windows to a 64 bit version it might run on the same machine?

I just got the same message so i was looking into a new computer - but was trying to see if there was a list of accepted machines or if there was even a recommended machine that you knew worked well with UE4.

I was looking at something like this: iBuypower Revolt A960 (AMD A10-6800K) Review | PCMag (naturally when you go to buy it, none of the stuff in the description is in the actual machine, but i was just trying to figure out what i needed and was trying to make a relatively cheap box that can do it.)

Windows 7 64 bit Pro or Home or does it not matter?

Also, never had a computer with an external or fancy graphics card (and UDK worked fine - even maya and modeling programs)… so is it safe to just kind of look for a NVIDEA (i guess with a decent sized number after it? lol i really dont do hardware much i just want it to work!)

Let me know what you think!

my cpu is low
i have AMD Phenom 2 X4 955BE
AMD 6670
monitor with 1200x768 resolution…
i cant install this game!!!
how my cpu is low?

As an owner of one I can second the HD7850 recommendation, it might be an old card but it’s managed to run everything I’ve thrown at it so far just don’t expect everything (or anything haha) to run at 60fps.

EDIT: Honestly I’d think of the HD 7850/GTX 660 as the minimum if you want to play around with anything shiny.