Procedure entry point SymEnumSymbolExW could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dbgeng.dll

I’m trying to include the Intel Cubemos skeleton tracking library into my UE4 project but every time I try to run it I get this error as it’s starting up:

Procedure entry point SymEnumSymbolExW could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dbgeng.dll

I’m really not sure how to solve this. I believe it’s failing to start the crash viewer so I can’t trace the cause of the issue, and I can’t see anything in the logs. I’ve done multiple system scans to see if dbgeng.dll needs to be updated but no success. Worth noting that all the dlls to do with Cubemos and Realsense work in a sample program external to UE4.

1 Like

Since this post is the only one mentioning this exact error and has more than 350 views, I feel like it’s opportune to revive it to provide a solution.

I solved my issue by renaming the file Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\DbgHelp\dbghelp.dll, it was creating a conflict with the one present in Windows\SYSTEM32 because their versions were different.

1 Like