Procedural Terrain Generator

Hi, version 1.3 has been released :smiley:
These are the version notes:

• Updated RMC to v4.
  • Fixed crashes on Mac.
  • Fixed crashes in UE4.25.
  • Now nature culling distance is customizable per each bioma element/actor.
  • PN Triangles Tessellation mode materials support.
  • Minor fixes and improvements.

Cheers!

Hi, the water mesh isn’t baked because is always a plane, cube or sphere, basic shapes that are already in the UE4 assets. The nature elements cannot be baked, as they are static meshes themselves yet. However, you can “bake” all the terrain settings in a blueprint, to have it prepared to generate another terrains with that template.

Regarding the control over the spawned assets, bioma elements are HISM instances, which make them more efficient. However, you can use the bioma actors to spawn them. As actors, you can edit them after being generated.

I posted by Email instead.

Hi, I bought this asset and I play with it with pleasure. Actually, I try to use world composition with it to optimise huge plane world. In same time, I try to generate, by ingame button, a new random world (for a new game in a new world).
The pluggin is awsome and it’s possible to do great world.

Hi,
I recently bought this and write a review on the Marketplace and asked questions there too. Great product!

I really want to use this for my ARPG to help with my random overland missions. It has so much potential and is only missing a couple of things as I state in my review would make it perfect for me.

The big one is currently there is no way to influence the kind of terrain we get, as in its bounds. I don’t want the terrain to go to the edges of the map. I essentially want to either define a ‘buffer’ around the landmass or choose a preset starting point of say ‘Island’ and this would set certain rules for the generator. This alone would be a game changer as at the moment I don’t know if I can use it because the terrain goes to the edge of the map and the player can reach it.

I also would like to know if its possible to use my auto material to spawn the static mesh grass asset onto the grass layers. This works on landscapes but not on this terrain.
I can’t use the nature spawner for this because the results are not realistic and there’s no way to refine spawning to leave out certain areas, such as rock for grass spawning etc.

Just these two having a solution would mean I have the basis for unlimited mission areas so would cut down massively on bespoke content I would have to create manually.

Cheers,
Daz

1 Like