Procedural Russian Apartment Buildings

Procedural buildings for your game.

MARKET PAGE

](Procedural Russian Apartment Buildings in Environments - UE Marketplace)

With this pack you can build interactive and non-interactive post-soviet\russian buildings.

There are 2 main blueprint actors for this, interactive and non-interactive respectively. Buildings can be any height and width, has a lot of customizing features, such as color, wetness, amount of damage, surface type, etc.

You can create a non-interactive building in a matter of seconds, just type floors and segments number and you are done. However, interactive building involves the use of additional windows and apartment blueprints which are also provided.

Features:

• 3 types of building surface
  • 2 Roof types
  • Build and customize
  • Interior cubemaps
  • 3 and 4 room customizable authentic apartments with interactive windows, balconies and 10 types of wallpapers
  • Some simple furniture (was used to create interior cubemaps)
  • Night mode
  • Main textures are tiled and can be used in any project
  • Some simple furniture
  • Yard playground objects
  • Procedural spline streetpoles and fences

Important to know: despite the fact buildings blueprints was created with an Instanced Static Meshes, they still eat a lot of drawcalls, so if you plan to build a street or a district with more than 5-6 buildings on the screen simultaneously, I highly recommend you use the Instance Tool](Instance Tool in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace) to extract static meshes from bp and then use the Merge Actors tool with 3rd variant to combine all SM into HISM and reduce drawcalls count (watch video for more details)]((UE4) Procedural Apartment Buildings - YouTube). Also if this option doesn’t fit for you, you can always build any building with the standard method by dragging meshes to the map and merging them.

**Also important: **the cables on the poles are eating a lot of perfomance, better turn them off.

Technical Details:

• Number of Unique Meshes: 295
  • Collision: custom and auto created
  • LODs: 1-3 custom and auto created
  • Number of Materials and Material Instances: 49 materials and 414 instances
  • Number of Textures: 388
  • Texture Resolutions: 32x32 - 4096x4096
  • Supported Development Platforms:
  • Windows: Yes

](Procedural Russian Apartment Buildings in Environments - UE Marketplace)

Hey, I’ve made a building and optimized it like you did on your video with the instance tool, but at the end, the pivot of the building is far from it.

Amazing work by the way !

o yeah it happens after u optimize. u can move the pivot by holding mouse wheel and drag the arrows, but when u deselect the building and then select it again the pivot still gona be in the old position so theres unfortunately no way to fix this. as far as i understood, the center of the map becomes the building pivot after optimizing, so u can try to move the building to the world center before it and see how it goes, i personally didn’t try it