Procedural Planet Generation

@TitaniumAG,

I did not consider rendering an entire planet in my game world…until now. Very nice. Keep up the amazing work!

This is looking better and better! How are you handling the transition from outer space to planet surface? Can you show a video of this?

Keep up the great work!

yeah I’ll post it in a bit… just got a really busy schedule :smiley:

This is brilliant. Can’t wait to see the code :slight_smile:

Here’s a vid showing the raw space to planet: SpaceToPlanet.mp4 - Google Drive

@TitaniumAG I have a few questions. But before I ask. I have read through these pages and I am so amazed with your work. I do plan on buying it if you fully release it.

I’m a solo game developer, I know it’s hard for you to make this (I presume you are solo) solo I would give credit to you if I were to buy the “product” (per say) I just believe even if some creator doesn’t want credit but doesn’t mind it should still get credit. (If you understand what I’m trying to say)

Other than that I should get onto the questions I have. No need to answer them at all if you wish.

Is there a way you can implement a way to add caves? Possibly just an empty hole in the ground that can be filled in by assets. Something around those lines?

Have you figured out a way to add a built height map to the terrain? Such as Earth or the Moon? Where I can add Earth’s hight map to a sphere of sorts and boom done I made Earth?

Do you have a way to lock a player to a planet even while it rotates or orbits around another celestial object?

Pardon the amount of words I have been putting in here I am just curious. If I do come up with more questions is there any social platform or something that I could cnbtact you on that is if you don’t mind telling me?

Other than that I wish you the best of luck with the rest of the Project.
​​​​​

​​

Sorry for the late reply.

Caves: I haven’t figured out how to add caves yet no.

Heightmap: No. I have figured out how to read pixels from textures, that’s a start.

Lock player to planet: Yes, I’m able to create my own planet character system

Hey @TitaniumAG ! Would you willing to join our Discord server? We’re a bunch of developers with many projects mainly working on procedural / lod / octrees stuff: 3D rendering and games

I think also making a plugin of what you did here could have potential interests. Any plans for this?

I see a question about caves above, did you considered maybe using the VoxelPlugin? which is very popular in procedural planets stuff these days.

I would be also very curious to see what’s new on your work there!

cheers

Sure thing. I haven’t figured out caves yet and I won’t be using them until I’m happy with the planet geometry. They’re probably only possible with voxels. I want my system to be very quick and easy to set up and I have plans to make a plugin for it yeah.

Was this ever released? There are so many skills here I would love to learn. This looks incredible.

1 Like