Procedural Landscape from Shader Graph Editor | Plugin | 4.26 / 4.27 / 5.0

I have added some nice performance optimization and brushes support for the marketplace version, cannot wait for people to check it out !
The marketplace version is slighty more up to date than the github version for now.

1 Like

Hello!

I am VERY NEW to Unreal Editor. I tried to use this plugin in 4.27 on Linux (Ubuntu Studio 20.04) and it tells me I need to ā€œuse my IDEā€ to build it.

My IDE is a terminal and ā€˜makeā€™.

I get these errors:

/home/calyxa/Development/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Plugins/ProceduralLandscapeUE-master/Source/ProceduralLandscape/Public/Actor/GeometryClipMapWorld.h(588) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for Blueprint accessible functions in an Engine module.
/home/calyxa/Development/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Plugins/ProceduralLandscapeUE-master/Source/ProceduralLandscape/Public/Actor/GeometryClipMapWorld.h(591) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for Blueprint accessible functions in an Engine module.
/home/calyxa/Development/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Plugins/ProceduralLandscapeUE-master/Source/ProceduralLandscape/Public/Actor/GeometryClipMapWorld.h(593) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for Blueprint accessible functions in an Engine module.

Thank you very much in advance for any help!

1 Like

Donā€™t worry thereā€™s IDE for linux/ubuntu as well. You need to find those lines and replace :

UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable)

by

UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable, Category = ā€œWorldDataā€)

1 Like

Thereā€™s a marketplace version of the plugin, more advanced at this point coming to the marketplace.

OK, that helps a bit, but now things will not linkā€¦ I get 14 errors, hereā€™s one of them:

Performing 4 actions (16 in parallel)
[1/4] Compile Module.ProceduralLandscape.cpp
[2/4] Compile Module.ProceduralLandscape.gen.cpp
In file included from /home/calyxa/Development/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Plugins/ProceduralLandscapeUE-master/Intermediate/Build/Linux/B4D820EA/UE4Editor/Development/ProceduralLandscape/Module.ProceduralLandscape.cpp:2:
/home/calyxa/Development/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Plugins/ProceduralLandscapeUE-master/Source/ProceduralLandscape/Private/Actor/GeometryClipMapWorld.cpp:297:48: error: '&&' within '||' [-Werror,-Wlogical-op-parentheses]
        if(!Source_ || Source_!=DataSource || Source_ && Source_->GetMeshNum()==0 || Source_ && !Source_->EnableCaching)
                                           ~~ ~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Linux users canā€™t use the Marketplace, there is no Launcher.

Wait, thatā€™s paranthese, just add paranthese in between OR logical statement:

if(!Source_ || Source_!=DataSource || Source_ && (Source_->GetMeshNum()==0 || !Source_->EnableCaching))

1 Like

OK, now I only get 13 errors instead of 14, and the line you quoted with the parentheses is missing at least one || thatā€™s in the line Iā€™m seeingā€¦

But no worries, youā€™ve pointed me in the right direction and when I get back to it later this evening / tomorrow, Iā€™ll have an update for you.

Thank you so much for the help, and I hope to have good news for you soon!

4.27 plugin version is now available on store:

1 Like

I was able to build it just today (life got in the way yesterday and slowed me down a lot).

Now my total newness to UnrealEditor has me clueless about how to ā€œput one in my projectā€?

I see the plugin is active in my plugins menu. Iā€™ve got a simple 3rd person default project open, but not seeing yet ā€œwhat to doā€ā€¦

Thanks again!

1 Like

if the plugin is enabled, look into your content browser settings, and check that you can see ā€œengine contentā€ and ā€œplugin contentā€, look for the ā€˜shader world contentā€™ folder, and open the map ā€˜Map_Referenceā€™

Thank you!

Iā€™ve got the Map_Reference open and it looks GORGEOUS!

2 Likes

4.26 and 4.27 version are now both available on marketplace in their most up to date version.

Theyā€™re also available alongside 5.0EA on github

3 Likes

Bonjour Maxime. I tried out the latest UE 4.26 on GitHub Still the collision mesh stepping issue on my iPad mini 5, but I notice when I turn on caching the landscape also becomes stepped. Thought this might be a clue

1 Like

Yes i havenā€™t spent time on this issue just yet, was focusing on bringing 4.26/4.27/5.0EA on feature parity and make them all available.
Clearly i wanna solve this issue youā€™re facing but i might need your help as i canā€™t test it myself, unless the same thing happen on my smartphone, need to checkā€¦ !
I have a good idea of the root of the issue tho.

Iā€™ll make a test project with a couple of maps with solution ideas i have, if could test those maps and tell me the one working or not it would greatly help me figuring it out.

1 Like

I am very happy to help.
I was not expecting it to be fixed yet but thought the caching similarity might be helpful to know. I can private message you on Twitter if that is a better communication channel than filling up this thread ?

1 Like

Sure letā€™s do this.

1 Like

Hi Maxime Just saw you set up a discord channel - that would be easier for me than Twitter so will talk to you there

1 Like

1.1 is now available on the marketplace, going over the new feaures and updates in this video: