Procedural Landscape from Shader Graph Editor | Plugin | 4.26 / 4.27 / 5.0

what is your collision mesh world dimension and number of lod ?

I kept the collision world dimension same as runtime 10,000 and LOD is still 8 on runtime

1 Like

Thanks checking it out

Which material function builds the world ? My MS_DefaultMaterial is broken

1 Like

Just found an issue with collision mesh, pushing a fix now.

ā€œMF_Define_Referenceā€ define the world reference.
ā€œMF_Define_Oceanā€ define the world ocean, itā€™s in root folder of each demo.

Think i need to make it more user friendly ! ^^

2 Likes

Ah so the MC_Collection_Referance - with MF Compute reference - World Position Scaling , Bias, and Scale all come into play here. Should I try playing with them ? I will upload the fix and try that first. Thanks so much Maxime, Merci

Really all you should be concerned about when generating a world is playing with the ā€œMF_Define_XXXā€ and its associated material collection, everything else is taken care of.

1 Like

Oh while we are here - is it possible to spawn areas using a texture as a map ? I saw you just use a noise in M_Compute_Spawnables ? For say fields or clear paths

1 Like

Absolutely, in the heightmap demo, iā€™m creating a landscape layer reading a texture, and using this layer to spawn asset, but you can also define a custom ā€˜compte spawnableā€™ material and read a texture in it given the world position, then look for the ā€˜filterā€™ input in the custom node managing ā€˜ground slope range/altitude rangeā€™ etcā€¦ send filter a 0 when you doā€™nt want to spawn asset

1 Like

can you try with this version please ?

1 Like

Yep - will let you know how I get on. It says for 4.27 - I am on UE5 - I built it but it does not show on iPad ( no landscape )

1 Like

Had to add the 4.27 flag for marketplace. Does it work properly on the Mac tho?
The noise texture missing warning should be gone, and collision improved.

The default material is too expensive for mobile i believe, or maybe i used some unsupported features, will dig deeper into this.

1 Like

Yes works on the Mac. My UE5 has gone funny will have to call it a day and reinstall it. It has lost the Mac and iPad SDK - this sometimes happens. Yes I use my own mobile materials. Thanks again Maxime

1 Like

Found a misspell from c++ to material function in the fix i uploaded earlierā€¦ !

1 Like

Hi Maxime I get this ( just so you know ) in my packaging log and it also showed when I compiled the plugin I am testing ProceduralLandscape now I have re installed UE5 - (and updated Xcode )
/Users/sean/Documents/Unreal Projects/ClipLand_5_New/Plugins/ProceduralLandscape-2/Source/ProceduralLandscape/Private/Component/GeoClipmapMeshComponent.cpp:290:6: warning: ā€˜RHIUnlockVertexBufferā€™ is deprecated: Buffer locks have been unified. Use RHIUnlockBuffer() instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile. [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
PackagingResults: Warning: ā€˜RHIUnlockVertexBufferā€™ is deprecated: Buffer locks have been unified. Use RHIUnlockBuffer() instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile. [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS): RHIUnlockVertexBuffer(VertexBuffer.VertexBufferRHI);

1 Like

all good, this error should have no impact whatsoever.

1 Like

Hi Maxime. Whatever settings I use I still get stepping on the collision mesh [ here unhid ) on the ipad I have tried on UE26 as well as UE5 in case it was a UE5 issue Which is baffling since the collision mesh is made the same way ( as you say from the MF_Define_xxx ] It must be a ipad / ios issue I guess. Oh well. My guess is its a render target issue as I have had this before with other landscape generator packages.

1 Like

Interesting, i have a couple ideas where it could come from, will look into it.
Weā€™ll sort it out !

edit: it might come from the iphone/ipad not handling the precision iā€™m sending, would be an easy fix.

I turned on full precision in the project and on the materials used for collision today as part of my further testing. But no luck. I also tried extreme vertices in case that might help but no. Tried from 15 to 255 vertices in collision and small collision area but still same

1 Like

It comes from the precision iā€™ve been using down in code to manage the terrain height, the way iā€™m reading back the height of the terrain for the collision assume a specific format which might not be working on mobile in general.
Iā€™ll look into it, this has to work fully on mobile !

1 Like