I’m working on a procedural island generation, inspired by the workflow of eon’s Vue.
I decided to re create an image generated in Vue (by Dax Pandhi)
My work so far:
It consists of a landscape made from a perlin noise texture. Pebbles and Trees populated in the foliage tool.
The water is animated using the same perlin noise. The pebbles have a random color (in the material)
Now i’d like to make the following changes:
• move from landscape to a displacement material for the terrain
• populate the terrain (trees & pebbles) using BP
• have transparent water
• generate the trees in speedtree (the ones I use are from speedtree free demo pack)
• have a better pebble texture
• generate the master perlin texture in the material editor
My final objective is to make a simulation that would generate an island in one click.