Procedural Foliage Spawner as Landscape Grass Type?

Is it possible to make Procedural Foliage Spawner work additionally as Landscape Grass Type? The idea is that auto materials cannot, in their current form, work with Procedural Foliage Spawner, because they consist of several layers of different landscape materials (grass, stones, …). But they can make blending masks of these layers, which just work with the Landscape Grass Type.

Did you find an answer to this - I’m also wondering how to use the same textures that I use to define the grass layer (based on a map) to also define the inclusion layer for the procedural foliage spawner/foliage types. I’m struggling with this at the moment, as it seems that the only option is to create a separate landscape layer and then “paint” the mask on to this (which I don’t want to do manually).

Perhaps there is a solution, now I’m trying it.

This isn’t exactly the solution you wanted - however I use a mask (eg greyscale png file) as a template for both the landscape grass output node and the procedural foliage spawner; I associate a layer type which I then reference using the inclusion layer in the static mesh foliage type. I had hoped to be able use this as a common mask for both; but it doesn’t seem to work that way. Instead I have to add a layerinfo data type to the layer and then rather than paint it manually, I import the .png file directly into it. It’s clunky, but at least it means that I can have exactly the same template to drive behaviours of trees as well as the ground cover/foliage.

I came to the same conclusion that we need to look in the direction of the weights of the layers. It is very strange that the developers did not make the Defaut Weight parameter in Landscape Layer Blend.