Proceducal Mesh Sculpting and painting plugin

Yeah I will be using proceducal meshes as terrain so its cool its possible to deform it. Iโ€™m looking forward to see the video :slight_smile:

Sorry that i havent gotten back to you faster racerindiekid, been on vacation with only laptop access and a family to take care of so time went limited.

Deformation as of now has been moved out of this plugin (unless you use bp to create your own with this plugin it can be done easily). The reason for this is that the plugin is growing really big quickly. Alot of time right now goes to setting up examples, writing tutorials and cleaning up the code so it can be submitted to the marketplace, more video examples of what can be achieved witht his plugin is coming as soon as possible :slight_smile:

So hang on tight for Softbody/Deformation to be announced as a separate plugin if you need more accurate per-vertex deformation :slight_smile:

No worries about the deformation not making it in. I could integrate it myself if I know how to do it. Or hang tight for the Softbody/Deformation plugin is this something you are going to develop?

Hello Lambdarevolution,

I am looking for a UE4 in-editor feature (as plugin) that let the user deforming a mesh (by instance a tyre being deflated) , and this deformation could be controlled in the sequencer. I already investigated some animation process from Alembic files or legacy vertex animation features but they are too limited since the large number of frames that I have to manage. The level of complexity is raising as the whished deformation must stay at the bottom level of the tyre (contact with the ground) whatever the rotation of the wheel. I tried to manage with a texture projected with WS coordinates but it 's not easy to setup and the final result is not very accurate.
So, I am looking for a plugin like Megafiers (for Unity) (http://www.west-racing.com/mf/?page_id=2560) and similar to the local and space deformations available in 3dsmax. Does your plugin(s) plan cover this field of development for Unreal ?

Regards,

Hlx

Hi Hlx

The deformation plugin is now separated from this one (even tho you could fake deformation using this one), the deformation system is using a shape approximation to find the vertices in the first pass. Textures can be used as a mask to set the deformation strenght and be used to create tyre like deformation with much higher detail, but keep in mind that deformation (unless simplified) requires a pretty fair amount of cpu power and itโ€™s heavily coupled with the number of verticies you require to be satisifed with the deformation result.

I am yet to decide if im going to create a editor for deforming meshes inside the editor and not only in-game.

Hi @Lambdarevolution

I really love your work and I have some questions about it. Has it got a multiplayer support? And can we save and load it easily?

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Hello Emrehan, yes it should replicate by default, saving and loading is possible how easy it is depends on your saving solution. All data needed to recreate the mesh is in a simple bp node:
Untitled.png

What is the status of the plugin?

Same question, any updates? I really would like to try it.

Sorry it took a long time to reply. Due to illness i did not work on it and after a while it just got forgotten. If anyone is interested in trying it out just shoot a pm but keep in mind that i might be slow to answer since i rarely drop by the forums anymore.