Problems with Marketplace Support for Sellers

So, I’ve been immersed in creating clothing for Metahumans for a while now. I’ve built up quite a collection of clothing packs in my Unreal Engine store. However, from the get-go, there’s been this recurring hiccup. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’ve pored over all the Market Guidelines and I’m more than happy to play by the rules. But each time I upload a pack and it enters the review process, it’s a new surprise. Sometimes they’ll request tweaks, sometimes not. Sometimes it’s one way, sometimes another. I always accommodate their requests, but it’s led to a bit of inconsistency across my packs.

Lately, I’ve been diving into the new 5.3 chaos cloth system to tailor clothing to Metahumans. As we’re aware, we’re limited to using only the Metahuman skeleton to craft packs. Previously, that was sufficient, but now with the introduction of the 5.3 chaos cloth system, it requires utilizing the body mesh to properly fit the clothing. For another piece of content already utilizing this system for Metahumans that I have up on my store, they asked me to tweak the body name to avoid any association with Metahumans. They understand the necessity and current usage of the body mesh. Yet, with another clothing pack currently under review, the reviewer seems unwilling to grasp this concept. To exacerbate matters, they’re also not inclined to offer assistance – when I inquired about alternative solutions that would still be compatible with Metahumans, their response was merely a link to the guidelines.

I get it, this system is cutting-edge, but what’s truly disheartening is that I’m all about offering folks a diverse range of Metahuman clothing, leveraging all the awesome features available. The market lacks variety in this department, and I’m keen to fill that gap. But the constant struggle with uploads is wearing me down. I’m curious if others have encountered similar roadblocks with their Unreal Engine Marketplace content.

1 Like